Employees are an important part of any business. As an employer, you must be mindful of an employee`s rights, your duties and how best to deal with employees and protect yourself. Employment law is ever changing and it is a minefield. We can help make it less problematic.
Our Employment team can offer you the appropriate advice in respect of all areas of employment law. Whether you want us to draft employment contracts, or you want advice about disciplinary or grievance issues, or you want assistance in implementing a redundancy procedure, or if you wish to pursue or defend proceedings against an employee, we are here to help.
We will explore all methods of funding available, including fixed fees, hourly rates and insurance funding.
Areas of employment law we cover include:-
- Contracts of employment
- Employee handbooks and policies
- Defending employment tribunal claims pursued by employees i.e. unfair dismissal and discrimination
- Advice on redundancy procedures
- Disciplinary and grievance issues
- Dismissing or disciplining an employee
- Drafting and dealing with settlement agreements
- Variation of contract terms
- Business transfers (TUPE)
- Breach of restrictions by an employee