Foys Solicitors in Retford – your local legal representatives
Foys Solicitors is a well-respected law firm committed to serving businesses and residents of Retford and surrounding areas.
Our specialities include Will, Probate, Estate Planning, Family, Commercial, Property Law, among others.
Fun fact: Retford and its surrounding villages have strong links to the Mayflower Pilgrims. You can now learn about this piece of history at the Mayflower Pilgrim Visitor Centre inside the Retford Hub.
Expert Will, Trust and Probate Services
Wills and trusts are legal documents outlining how you plan to manage your estate. Our estate planning team can definitely help with the followings:
- Wills: A will provides a legally binding means to split your assets amongst loved ones. We can help you draw up your will and explain how it can best serve your wishes, especially if you don’t want your family to argue over your possessions.
- Trusts: A trust is a legal arrangement between a settlor and a trustee whereby the trustee holds the assets in trust for the beneficiaries. Whether you aim to create a trust or become a trustee, we are available to discuss your options.
- Wills and trusts: While a will takes effect after the death of the estate owner, a trust usually takes effect immediately upon creation, you can use both a will and a trust to create complete estate planning.
- Probate: This is the process of someone verifying your will and carrying out the wishes detailed within it.
For more information, see our Wills, Trusts and Probate page.
Care for the Elderly
As the UK faces the reality of a rapidly ageing population, it’s time for us to consider how we can prepare for the needs of our elderly loved ones, and also how we can manage the costs of care for ourselves later in life.
At Foys, our solicitors can assist you to appoint a Lasting Power of Attorney, organise trusts, create wills, provide advice on planning for care home fees, help with NHS continuing care cases, and give advice on how you can best protect your hard-earned estate. Visit our Legal Assistance for the Protection of Elderly page for more information.
Our team in Retford also consists of specialist solicitors who can help with:
- Family law – divorce, child custody, financial matters, domestic violence and injunctions
- Residential property and conveyancing
- Criminal defence
- Employment law for employees
- Personal injury claims
- Professional negligence claims
- General litigation
We also have officers in Doncaster, Worksop, Clowne, Rotherham, Sheffield-Waterhorpe, and Sheffield-Chapeltown.
A few interesting facts about Retford
- Henry III granted Retford its first charter to hold a fair in 1246. Edward I extended this in 1275, allowing the town to hold a Saturday market and this tradition continues to this day.
- Located in Retford Hub, the Mayflower Pilgrims Visitor Centre brings history to life, explaining how the area became a hotbed of religious thinking in the 16th Century that led to the founding of America.
- Outside the St Swithun’s Church stood a cannon captured from the Russian during the Siege of Sevastopol at the end of the Crimean War in 1856.
Foys is always a part of the local community in Retford. Our solicitors are here to help protect your goals and interests.