Foys Solicitors in Worksop – your local legal advisors
Well-established in the Midlands, our office in Worksop has served the local community since 1980, our second office after Doncaster.
We provide a wide range of legal services including personal law and business law.
Fun fact: Did you know that Worksop was already a village before the Norman conquest in 1066? It was recorded in the Domesday Book in 1086.
Our company law services
Worksop has long been a thriving market town and today it still attracts many companies to start and run a business here. When it comes to company and commercial law though, you may not want to approach it on your own, so it’s vital that you have local and reliable company law solicitors whom you can count on to guide you through the process.
Some areas of our expertise include:
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Whether you’re acquiring a new business or combining businesses, our solicitors can help to negotiate, draft agreements, carry out due diligence, and tackle complex corporate tasks to make sure you’re in compliance with company law.
- Shareholder and Partnership Arrangements: We help to protect your investment in the company by managing the process and drafting the necessary agreements. We also ensure that your shareholder agreements are in line with shareholder rights.
- Company Re-organisation: From large-scale reorganisations to Limited Company turnarounds, we have the expertise to manage the process with sensitivity and empathy.
- Starting a Company: Start off on the right foot with solid advice from us.
- Commercial Contracts: An understanding of the nuance of commercial contracts is essential in ensuring the ambitions and expectations of your business are met.
Resolving a company dispute
Resolving a company dispute doesn’t have to be an expensive or arduous process. With our Worksop legal team working with you, you can resolve shareholder disputes (including minority shareholder rights), partnership issues and boardroom conflicts quickly.
While we promote the use of mediation or negotiation to settle company disputes, we are also ready to represent you in court if litigation is unavoidable.
We can also assist you with employer/employee disputes, commercial property disputes, the recovery of debts and professional negligence claims. Visit our Company Disputes page for more information.
Our team in Worksop also consists of specialist solicitors who can help with:
- Residential property and conveyancing
- Wills, Trust and Probate
- Estate planning and care for the elderly
- Family issues (from divorce to domestic violence and injunctions)
- Criminal defence
- Employment law for employees
- Personal injury claims
- Professional negligence claims
- General litigation
We also have officers in Doncaster, Retford, Clowne, Rotherham, Sheffield-Waterhorpe, and Sheffield-Chapeltown.
A couple interesting facts about Worksop
- Widely known as the ‘Gateway to the Dukeries’ (Dukeries refer to a unique selection of Ducal properties), Worksop is a springboard for those visiting the Worksop Manor (a home of the Dukes of Norfolk), Welbeck Abbey (seat of the Dukes of Portland), Thoresby Hall (seat of the Dukes of Kingston) and Clumber House (seat of the Dukes of Newcastle).
- Worksop Priory church has served as a hub of religious activities for over 900 years.
Foys has been part of the local Worksop community for many years, helping you to resolve family and business matters, give us a call and book your initial free consultation today.