The emphasis on providers of legal services is to provide quality professional services for reasonable fees.
The Practice’s objective is for all clients to receive an attentive and uniformly good standard of care in connection with the work we undertake for them.
The following is a list of basic policy standards applicable to all who work at Foys:-
- Telephone calls from clients are to be returned the same day, if at all possible
- Correspondence of any sort, including e-mails, should generally to be dealt with on the day that it is received if possible
- Letters to clients and other lawyers are to be written in plain and succinct language
- Appointments are to be given to clients without any undue delay.
The main tenets of client care are:-
- The Practice will treat clients fairly at all times.
- The Practice will accept instructions only where it can meet its commitment to the provision of an expert, independent and professional service to clients especially that it has sufficient resources and competence to deal with the matter; otherwise instructions maybe declined. The Practice maintains lists of work that the Practice is not currently prepared to undertake.
- All solicitors are bound by the professional rules which require confidentiality to be maintained in all dealings with clients; we extend that rule to apply to any personnel within the Practice. This means that nobody may reveal to anyone outside the Practice details of instructions provided or advice given to any client, other than in the legitimate pursuit of the client’s instructions.
- Clients are entitled to expect a genuine commitment in the handling of their instructions and for the Practice to attach appropriate priority to their requirements.
- Clients should always be dealt with courteously and respectfully. This will manifest itself in a variety of ways, for example, not keeping clients waiting without explanation; returning telephone calls and e-mails as a priority; genuinely taking an interest in them and their matters. The Practice must demonstrate a genuine concern for the Practice’s clients by doing our best to assist them.
- The Practice will provide services to clients in a manner which protects their interests in their matter, subject to the proper administration of justice.