Foys Solicitors in Doncaster - One of the oldest and most respected law firms in South Yorkshire
At Foys Solicitors, we have served the Doncaster community since 1972, providing a diverse range of necessary legal services.
Our business is split neatly into two areas: Personal Law and Business Law.
Fun fact: Did you know that the man who designed Doncaster Minster’s Clock, Edmund Beckett Dennison, also designed the clock in Big Ben in London? Another intriguing fact is Dennison was only an amateur clockmaker; he was a barrister by trade.
Our family law services
Our family law services have helped the families of Doncaster and the surrounding areas of South Yorkshire achieving the outcomes that are best for them and their families. Our specialist family law solicitors have years of experience in all aspects of family law, giving you the confidence that we can help no matter what your circumstances are.
Some areas of our expertise include:
- Divorce – Divorce is highly personal and has an impact on your future. Selecting a family law solicitor is a vital first step in starting this emotionally and legally challenging process.
- Children disputes – Protecting the welfare of your children is our top priority and we are here to represent parents and children in issues that can affect them long term.
- Domestic abuse/ injunctions – Family violence can be subtle or explicit, it can also range from physical, emotional to psychological. We will work with you to explore the options that can keep you safe.
- Financial matters – Following the end of a marriage or civil partnership, dividing assets and liabilities requires a fair process which protects your legal rights.
Family law has evolved over the years and nowadays the emphasis is on mediation and reaching agreement outside of court, which is why we also have a team of accredited mediators with the right expertise to work with you. If litigation is necessary, we are also ready to represent you in court.
For a comprehensive list of services which our family team can help, please see this family law solicitors page.
Expert residential & commercial property services
Residential: whether you’re buying, letting or selling a residential property, we’re your local solicitors for the South Yorkshire region covering buying and selling, renting and letting, preparing tenancy and lease agreements, trust deeds, re-mortgaging, right-to-buy a council house, declaration of trusts, residential conveyancing, landlord-tenant issues, boundary disputes, among others. Visit our property and conveyancing solicitors page to find out more.
Commercial: working with companies and businesses across South Yorkshire including Doncaster, our commercial property team provides legal support including acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold property, landlord and tenant matters, asset management, property refinancing, business sales and purchases, development site acquisitions and disposals, among others. We help make the process hassle-free and with no hidden fees. Visit the commercial property solicitors page for more information.
Our team in Doncaster also consists of specialist solicitors who can help with:
A few interesting facts about Doncaster
- While the United States of America was celebrating the beginning of their nationhood in 1776, Doncaster was preparing the inauguration of the St Leger Stakes, the oldest of Britain’s five Classics. It is still one of the biggest race meets in the UK.
- Steam train enthusiasts will appreciate that the famous locomotives the Flying Scotsman (1923) and the Mallard (1938) were designed and built in Doncaster.
- Doncaster Racecourse played host to Britain’s first ever Aviation Meeting in 1909.
- Of critical importance to us all, the man credited with popularising the modern flushing toilet, Thomas Crapper, was born in Thorne.
- Former Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson is from Doncaster.
Foys has been part of the local community for a very long time, so if you have a family or business related legal matter to attend to, make Foys Solicitors in Doncaster your first stop.